1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spin Magazine's Top 125 Albums of the Last 25 Years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is there a link where the entire list is on a single page?

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I have 44 albums on the list. Woulda been more but I sold off a lot of my rap (DMC, LL, Missy) years ago.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I think the only one of the tip 15 I don't own is PJ Harvey, although I could have missed one. I probably own about 50 of them. While I own it, I will never understand the love that Speakerboxxx/The Love Below gets from critics. That album is a hot mess. I'd have a hard time getting a decent single album out of those songs.

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Pretty good list. Few complaints here. Being a huge fan myself, it's nice to see Pavement get a lot of respect, but it's hard to believe that a band that less than 1 percent of the world has probably ever heard of can be so influential, though you can here what could be considered their influence in a lot of music that came after, I suppose.

I'd say I own (have bought or commandeered one way or another) around 65 or 70.

Some stuff that isn't on there should be. Other stuff that is on there shouldn't be. But you'll always have those arguments. It's why lists are such a popular thing to do, IMHO.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm batting a solid .008 (1 for 125). Wouldn't even make the Mendoza Line as far as albums I've heard of, let alone actually heard.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Counted 'em up -- I have (or have had, at one point or another) 44 on the list.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I find it amazing that I have as many as I do considering I've bought about 10 CDs in the last five years.

Fortunately, having every Jay-Z and Outkast disc puts my total number pretty high.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

4 for 125, and proud to not own the other 121.

9. Lee Greenwood and Toby Keith didn't make the list, eh? :)

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

No RHCP? Whether you go earlier with them or later, I don't know, but hard to imagine they get nothing. I'd have gone "By the Way".

Also, I think "The Eminem Show" needs to be there somewhere, probably ahead of the Eminem album that did make it.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, not a country guy.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I thought the list was pretty solid, but "Ten" and "Elephant" were a little low.

The only two I thought they missed were ANC's "Dirt" and The Killers "Hot Fuss".

Carry on.

Draft saved Draft deleted