1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spielman / Meyer Combo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You want to learn some football that's the team to listen to. Love the technical analysis they bring to games.

2. Spielman with Pam Ward used to be my favorite combination. It would be great if they could add her in with Spielman and Myer.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I thought this was an Ohio State coaching replacement idea when I read the headline.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Spielman is a tremendously underrated analyst. The guy is really, really good and yet he seems to always have shit ass Big 10 games meant to put your hungover ass to sleep after you got up early to watch Gameday.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My guess is he prefers to work Big 10 games.

6. Boom_70

Yesterday

Spielman on Iowa DB missing tackle. "If you are not going to stick your head in you need to check yourself out of game."

Penn State 3rd and long at Iowa 15 . Meyer - you need to run a QB draw here to stay in FG range. Can't trust a throw the way QB is throwing"

Penn State ran a QB draw.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought the exact same thing.

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

From your mouth to Gee's ears.....

9. Boom_70

Really not a bad idea.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My favorite moment was when Meyer said that if he was a reporter, he'd grill Paterno after the game about changing QBs. I can only imagine how Meyer the coach would react to the line of questioning suggested by Meyer the commentator.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I only dealt with Meyer once, in passing, when he was still at Utah, and he was an asshole then.

Guys I know who have covered him say he's a Hall-of-Fame level asshole.

12. If there was a draft for assholes - wouldn't covering the combine for that be one of the best events ever? What drills would the prospects have to go through?

Draft saved Draft deleted