1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speeding!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Apr 3, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's almost 120 Kph in a 80 kph zone.

Lucky you're not up here.

Gee, if you had been going 10 kph (6mph) faster here in Ontario, the cop could have charged you with street racing/stunt driving, taken away your licence and impounded your car for a week and you'd be faced with a fine of up to $10,000 :)

Anyway, good luck. :)

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

When I was a teenager, I had my license suspended three times.

Once, it two counties at the same time. Florida sent me this nice little letter that said they'd issued a warrant for my arrest, and everything.

After these episodes, when I was 19, my truck payment was $259, and my insurance was $299 a month.

Glad those days are over.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Piece of cake.

Just show up in court wearing sunglasses and carrying a white cane with red tips.

If that doesn't work, put the dog on them.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Show up and tell the prosecutor you'd like to plead it down to a zero point offense. The town still gets their money from the offense and you get zero points on your license.

5. I've been driving a little more than six years and have been pulled over, I think, 27 times. I think out of those 27, I've gotten 12 tickets.

And BYH, does NY not have the option to take a defensive driving course to dismiss the ticket?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I always get my fines reduced. Just be polite, don't make excuses and accept responsibility. As the judge for a break because of your clean record. You should be alright.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

No help here, because I've never gotten one. That's right -- 40 years old, a quarter-million miles and two hard-driven Grand Prixes in my past, and nary a single ticket. I have no idea how, either, because I'm the biggest leadfoot I know.

Having bragged about that, I'll probably get one on the way to the office today.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I have a good friend who had to have his right eardrum removed when he was a child due to a congenital condition. We took DIP together and had to put on the beer goggles one night. My friend's equilibrium got all messed up, and he got a huge headache and had to leave.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

In my life, two tickets:

76 in a 65 before I was old enough to know better.
    47 in a 35 six days later when I forgot to slow down coming into a speedtrap town.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Four tickets in the past 10 years:

47 in a 35 - Speed limit decreased from 55 to 35 in a matter of about 300 yards
    54 in a 30 - Same as above but a different location
    Running a red light on a county highway - the cop was sitting right next to the red light, all I could do was pull over and apologize (that ticket cost a whopping $32)
    78 in a 65 - I was speeding. I wasn't going to fight City Hall on that one. I just paid the fine.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

BYH just punched an air bag and doesn't know why... [/crossthreading]

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I saw that, BYH, you sumbitch! You did that on purpose! You're going away till you're gray! I got the evidence!"

Draft saved Draft deleted