1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speeding ticket technicality question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zebracoy, Feb 16, 2008.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago because my license plate light was blown. The cop just told me to pick up a bulb the next day and sent me on my way within two minutes.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Knew there was a reason I loved you, BBAM. :D

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Agreed. Late to thread, but 25 means a residential neighborhood. My kid may play on that street someday.

Never go more than 10 over. Usually they won't look twice if you are 35 in a 25 and just wait for a bigger fish going 50.

Using the not my address defense is just stupid.

It is sure to...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree. I've gotten out of at least two tickets for just fessing up. Both times I was cruising on a highway...out of state, too, now that I think about it. Both times I said "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was going that fast."

I firmly believe if a cop is going to nail your ass, he's going to nail your ass regardless of what you say when he arrives at the window. If he's willing to let you off with a warning, then being a good guy and apologizing can only help your case.

And both times, the ungodly mess I had in my car proved to be a conversation starter. :D

5. I firmly believe there's some sort of asterisk near my name in the cop database that tells officers they can't give me a warning any more. I got pulled over a lot in my early 20s and I got a warning 2/3 of the time.

Now they always come back with a ticket. That's why I've really tried to slow down in the last year, but it can be really hard.

I'm just comfortable driving faster than everyone else. I'd rather pass someone - and have them in front of me where I can see them - than have some stupid asshole coming up in my blindspot while on his cell phone.

I hate traveling in packs. There's more chance of an accident that way. If I go a couple of miles per hour faster, I'm alone and less susceptible to a pileup.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i knew a guy who swore he was a better driver when he was drunk.

7. lono

lono Active Member

Was his name Curtis Turner?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow dude. solid pull.

Draft saved Draft deleted