1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speeding ticket technicality question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zebracoy, Feb 16, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Tell the truth. It was because of the Birks and socks, wasn't it?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I've paid all of the 30-plus tickets I've gotten as soon as possible.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The address trick won't work. He'll still have to prove it wasn't him. And his license number is on the ticket, along with his name.

And this is an idiotic response. It's still the law, whether you think it should be or not. And it should be followed.
    Sounds like you're a young kid who doesn't think they have to follow the speed limit or one that thinks the law doesn't apply to everyone.

4. If it was in another state, you're more than likely suspended in that state ...

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How so? I got a speeding ticket, I paid it the next week. I got this one last week, and haven't gotten home to my checkbook.

How would I be suspended if my court date isn't until mid-March?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think he means if you don't pay. If you pay, all is well.

7. longgone

longgone Member

The point here is, yes, if you can get out of a ticket, go for it. Most speeding tickets are simply a response to a revenue need within the jurisdiction. They certainly are not for safety. I've been driving for 30 years and I've never heard of anyone being stopped for really dangerous stuff like going too slow in the passing lane, tailgating, etc. Speeding is easier to catch and more profitable.

8. Moderator1

Longgone, where you been?

9. longgone

longgone Member

Been busy, my brutha, busy.

10. Moderator1

Well, here I thought you were simply long gone!

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I was talking about power lines, not generally; high-voltage ones are the only ones that affect radar.

12. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

That is not a technicality.

The ticket is issued to an individual, not an address. It has your driver's license number, so he can prove it was you. Also, when you point out the "mistake", the officer will tell the judge the story you told him, and the judge will ask you if the cop's story is true, and you will answer yes, and that will be that.

Draft saved Draft deleted