1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Specific, quick Fantasy football questions: need help quick.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Nov 9, 2007.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Guys, I need a quick answer on this:

I'm in a 3-vet, 1-rook keeper league, and I'm tempted to pull off a big trade...

Here's my lineup

QB Romo, D. Anderson (Garcia on wire for emergency pickup)
    RB1: A Peterson
    RB2: L Johnson
    RB3: M. Barber
    RB4: R. Johnson
    RB5: Justin Fargas (I want to pick up Michael Turner as a maybe keeper for next year)
    WR1: Lee Evans
    WR2: S. Holmes
    WR3: J. Cotchery on wire (just dropped him)
    TE: Antonio Gates
    K: whoever
    D: Minnesota, Baltimore

So here's the trade:
    MY Barber, Rudi Johnson, Baltimore
    HIS B. Jacobs, Brandon Marshall...

standard league, 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

Need help guys, thanks

2. ugh. not the best man. Marshall was pretty good, but hasn't found the endzone for a while. And isn't Barber getting a lot of points?? I thought he was doing really well. I have no qualms about getting rid of Rudi though.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Team defense. Scoring is: 1 pt. per sack, 2 pts. per int, fumble recovery, safety, and blocked kick; 6 pts. per TD, and then a sliding scale based on points allowed: 10 for a shutout, 7 for 1-6 points, 4 for 7-13 points, 1 for 14-20, 0 for 21-27, -1 for 28-34 and -4 for anything over 35.

The question... do I go with Detroit's hot defense at Arizona or do I go for the Falcons' defense on the road against a third-string QB? Other top defenses available based on the scoring are: Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Colts, and Jacksonville. I'm reluctant to go with the 'Skins defense because I have a feeling this is the type of game where McNabb will be out to prove the critics wrong and have a big day.

4. Jacobs and Marshall aren't worth trading for ... Denver is too inconsistent and I'm waiting for Jacobs to get hurt again.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted