1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Specific NFL question about Brady

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

which is why I'm doing a thread instead of putting it on the NFL thread.

The weather has messed with the game times today and I don't usually watch the Patriots even when they're on. But on they are and I'm watching.

Do the commentators always slobberknocker Brady this hard?

Cripes, he's a very good QB. I get that. He a knee injury. I get that. But it ain't his birthday we're celebrating Friday, so far as I know.

I just became the world's biggest Bills fan and I've never felt the slightest bit of anything toward Brady or the Pats.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes, Moddy. It's quite common.

But they criticize Tom Brady to death compared to Brett Favre. If you really want to hear some hyperbole and over-the-top slobberknocking, just wait until the broadcast tonight in Charlotte.

The Observer's Scott Fowler knows this, and has invited fans to e-mail him the number of different superlatives used for Favre.

3. Moderator1

Dierdorf is saving plenty of his lip balm for Belichick, too.

Two dudes invented football, I guess.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You should hear them when Tim Tebow plays.

5. Sam Mills 51

I heard the Dierdorf bit about Bill Belichick on NFL RedZone ... it is nauseating.

I love it when Dierdorf said that the defense wasn't that good or talented. Funny how he didn't mention that they traded Richard Seymour just before the start of the season. Think that guy could have helped?

6. Moderator1

It is Hoodie's best coaching job.
    The Genius QB with a bum knee just called timeout. Fortunately they broke for commercial.

7. Sam Mills 51

The advertisements are more believable than Dan Dierdorf.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Really? Who was the quarterback when they won 11 games last year?

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

As opposed to college games?

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Exactly.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

They do it to Brady, Manning and Favre. Oh, and Millen may as well have just blown Tony Romo right on the field last night.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If the Patriots end up drafting Tebow, they should just invite groups of lepers and cancer patients to Gillette Stadium. The powers of Brady, Tebow and Belichick will cure them by the end of the first quarter.

Draft saved Draft deleted