1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SPECIAL REPORT: Your iPhone could kill you!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 11, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK, so nobody has died yet, but police in Australia are urging iPhone users to avoid Apple Maps because of what they call a "life threatening" error. The directions to one popular town take people 45 miles away into a national park where they are can be stranded without food or water.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/12/australian-police-urge-motorists-to-turn-away-from-apple-maps/

Gawd. I think it's three executives already who have lost their jobs over the maps clusterfuck, and now "news" and exaggerations like these are going viral. Thirty years from now we're going to be talking about Apple Maps the way we talk about New Coke now.

I have the 4, and the Maps was the thing I loved the most about it, and I cannot fathom why anybody would have wanted to change a thing.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Apple Maps is going to sink the company the way New Coke sunk Coca Cola?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweeps week comes to SJ?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In the USA the maps are taking people to the local MLK Blvd's and they are getting mugged.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

See, Inky, it's all in the headline!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Could not reading the right SJ thread result in your death!?! Details tonight at 11!

Draft saved Draft deleted