1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speaking of New York

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So, without being a wiseass, Fubar is Fubar?

I hate cracking jokes when lives are lost. Seriously. But that one is way too obvious and easy.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Crowne Plaza’s location is great if you want to stay in Times Square/near the theatres, but the Barclay is a much nicer hotel. Actually, I don’t think much at all of the CP.

The one downside to staying at the Barclay is that if you’re a Priority Club member and used to getting upgraded at the CP, you can forget about it at the Barclay.

Unless it’s changed, they want you to be a member of the separate Six Continents Club – which a quick look at their site tells me has been renamed the InterContinental Ambassador Club.

Despite being platinum in the Priority Club, I don’t think they once upgraded me to a suite at the Barclay in all my stays there.

3. Moderator1

Well, the CP is OK if you do get upgraded. But my friend in the front office says the new GM there is very anti-points and anti-upgrades. Our last upgrade wasn't much of one and there's no more lounge with the nice, free breakfast. Plus, way more blackout dates.
    So fug that. We can get a nicer than standard room at a good rate at the Barclay so I think we'll try that.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are you staying at the Barclay? How is it?

5. Moderator1

No - found a MUCH cheaper alternative on the other side of Times Square. A Courtyard by Marriott that is very nice and about 1200 cheaper.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I stayed at the Warwick once. Mrs. Bubbler got a big ass suite though travel connections she had at the time. Nice.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Try Hotwire sometime if you don't mind waiting till the last minute.

HC & I got a room at the Intercontinental in Boston back at the end of March (hi, FB!) for $129 a night. They usually run around $350-$375 a night.

Draft saved Draft deleted