1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speaking of media days ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blandcanyon, Jul 23, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So no getting a coach to answer a question after the radio guys, then?

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

Depends on when you get there. The radio guys down stairs were interviewing coaches the past couple of years by 8 a.m. on Wednesday when SEC commissioner Slive didn't address the first room until 12 p.m.

3. chazp

chazp Active Member

You're right, I haven't been to many of these. I didn't start attending until 2000 and I skipped one year, while I was changing papers, so yes, I'm some what of a rookie at these events, having only been there six times total.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

It's actually four teams per day for three days now, which frankly I like even better.

Also, they've ditched messing with the players at the podium. They are just scattered around the ballroom for easy pickings when the coach is done with his 10-minute podium spiel. Also, the coach is available to the scrum after he's done on the podium.

What I like the most is that the teams are bouncing separately between the print room, the radio room, the TV room all day -- so, for the most part, the coaches and players are hanging out at the hotel all day. You can pretty much get anybody you need one-on-one at some point, if you're patient enough.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

My point was that you don't have perspective of what a real productive, relaxed media days experience can be like if you've only been to the SEC's. If you've only been there, your view is skewed by that... I've been to the ACC, Big 10 and SEC's, and the ACC is by far my favorite.

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

I see. Sorry, I'm dense, it takes me a while to catch on. I get it now.

Draft saved Draft deleted