1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speak Truth To Power On The FAN, And See Where It Gets You

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Feb 7, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thanks. Just downloaded.

30 seconds in and Francessa is already making my skin crawl.

He is so condescending.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

There are more people who start their calls by telling Fatcesa how great he is than criticizing him.

And, yes, he and "Coach" have had a falling out.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

luv yur show mike

It's like kissing the pope's ring.

I believe their falling out had something to do with their horses. A while back I remember hearing Parcells say that he no longer owns horse because they cost too much.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

as noted, yeah, he and bill had a "falling out." to give you an idea how little i think of fat effer francesa, i'm quite sure he was in the wrong, whatever the issue was.

he's an impossible listen for longer than 10 minutes at a time. heaven forbid anyone disagree or zing him about something he erroneously reports or predicts.

he's at his worst, nethinks, when he has a guest on whom he believes he has a relationship with, which is delusional. for example, phil simms is a constant -- and phil can't stand him. and jets' gm mike tannenbaum, whom he knows through his former kinship with parcells. it's why fatcesca calls him, "mr. t." repeatedly. 'cause the what tuna called him.

as if mike's relationship with tannenbaum is like bill's and tannenbaum's. or as if tannenbaum is so hard to pronounce or such a mouthful.

or maybe he's just an antisemetic fat effer. or maybe i'm just in a touchy mood.

5. Boom_70

the "Mr T" one always makes me cringe. It's Mikes little way of telling us he is an insider. I'm sure Tannenbaum hates it.

As far as Sims he was on Francesa today for an hour - no commercials - actually a pretty good segment. Hard to believe Sims does not like him.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Phil can't knock the exposure.

I think the guy (PS) does a great job, though I've seen him throw one major airport
    fit where he treated Continental check-in personnel like insects, because his flight was delayed for a few hours. It wasn't pretty.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Francesa alienated Parcells and Esiason, and high-profile players (David Wright) have openly called him a joke.

Back when they were lovers, I think him and Parcells actually co-owned a horse and sent it somewhere to be trained.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

He and Parcells co-owned more than one horse nad, as shockey said, it was over the cost and caring for and traing those horses that he and Tuna had their falling out.

When someone called him out about the Mr. T thing a couple of weeks ago, Fatcesa berated the guy and said "I was there when he came on board"... meaning the Tuna years when Mike was sucking off the Jets at every turn instead of ripping them reguarly as he does now.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Billy Sims was on today?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Of course, before that, he just mercilessly hammered Leon Hess. Mercilessly.

Then Parcells ends up there and it's Mr. Hess this and Mr. Hess that.

I have no doubt Pastor and Spnited are right and that a lot of people--maybe even the majority of the audience--thinks Francesa knows what he's talking about. I still say he draws a big chunk of the listenership from people who hate his fucking guts but can't change the station.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

He's not nearly interesting enough for people to tune in to hear him berate people. I'm sure there are some lonely souls out there that enjoy it, but I can't think of anyone that tunes in to hear boring radio done by a pompous ass.

12. Boom_70

There are really not a lot of choices at that time if you want talk radio and do not have satelight radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted