1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spare me an asprin or 12 ... cell phone craziness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HackyMcHack, Apr 30, 2013.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Anyone have an issue with not being able to receive texts from just one or two people after porting over your number from one carrier to another? I ported from Virgin to Verizon about a month ago (moved ... Virgin/Sprint had no signal at the new place), and since then I haven't been able to receive texts from one friend and from the Google two-step sign-in process. Searched online for answers ... nothing. Called Verizon ... wouldn't lift a finger. Visited Verizon ... tried a few things, then blamed the other person's carrier (they could get my texts, I couldn't get theirs) and said that Google texts won't work without using a computer (to which I'm calling BS ... worked just fine on my old phone). Verizon wouldn't even look at any line issues on their end. Curious as to how people who have had this problem got it resolved ... Verizon is making me a VERY unhappy camper right now.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When you figure out the answer, let me know. Ms. Slappy is going thru the same thing with AT&T/Straight Talk.

3. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Fixed. Turned out no AT&T customer could text me. The routing for my phone number was messed up. Took a 45-minute call to Verizon tech support (they said don't go with the retail stores ... they're not equipped to help), a bump-up to Verizon Level 2 support, a trouble ticket and a follow-up text to get it resolved.

Draft saved Draft deleted