1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spanish basketball team racist, culturally insensitive or just a bunch of fools?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom_Brinkman01, Aug 12, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Your retarded.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Hung out with a group of Spaniards for a brief period earlier in my life, a good group of guys and a lotta fun to be around, but I must say every one of em displayed a racist streak when it came to their sense of humor. They loved to goof on racial stereotypes and had not an ounce of political correctness sense amongst em. Don't know if its a cultural thing, or just the guys I was hanging around, but I can't say this surprises based on that experience.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you even had a point.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: Spanish basketball team racist, culturally insensitive or just a bunch of fo

Might need to bring in an expert....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what's your point?

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

No, he's a moran.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think it's that Spaniards can have some pretty backwards attitudes towards race-relations. As others have pointed out elsewhere in this thread, it has been a running trait, especially in sports venues.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, all spanish people are douchebags?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, but they can act like complete morans if you put a lot of them together in a soccer stadium or other venue.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

this thread makes me want to set my anus on fire to ease the pain

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So Tom, you come onto an industry message board, posting under presumably your own name, and in your first posts you throw around racial slurs and antagonize people you don't know in the business?

[​IMG]

Brilliant!

You, sir, have a bright future.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That just kicked Miranda out of my sig :D

Draft saved Draft deleted