1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Space shuttle launch scrubbed until Wednesday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 25, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Per NASA Twitter feed, the astronauts have arrived at the pad and are on their way to the white room¹.

Update: through the white room and into <i>Discovery</i>. Weather at launch site acceptable.

Also, the NBC affiliate in Orlando is liveblogging the launch with its chief meteorologist and its top NASA reporter: http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Space_Shuttle_Discovery_Launch_On_Friday2

¹With black curtains.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

All systems go for 2359 EDT.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

2mCM, I'm with my wife and her cousin and they both want to watch this. Any idea which 24 hour newser, if any, will carry it live? Just checked CNN and it's in Kennedy coverage.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

CNN should pick up in a couple minutes. NASA TV, if you have it; it's also online.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Watched from my driveway, attempted to take pictures. They appear to be full of fail. :-\

Lifted from the Orlando NBC affiliate:

[​IMG]

And from the Orlando Sentinel ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Awesome. I'll have to lock in the NASA Channel for the next week and a half. Sometimes they show some really cool shots from the ISS/shuttle of Earth and sunrises/sunsets every 45 minutes.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I love how they launched at 2359. Got to be the shortest Mission Day 1 in NASA history.

Draft saved Draft deleted