1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sox fan in enemy territory

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by miroba71, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

He deserves to be set on fire? Are you insane? I'm hoping the blue font key on your computer was tweaked.

I take a back seat to few in my disgust for the Yankees, Notre Dame or the Dallas Cowboys, my personal unholy trinity of sporting teams. When I was at Yankee Stadium a month ago, it would have never occured to me to set someone's hat on fire.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Try a Raiders-Chargers game

3. poindexter

What a country.

4. poindexter

Nice little present delivered by a Raider fan here:

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He did say it best ... he is a Browns fan.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This?

I'm sure it had something to do with the camera he was holding.

The Yankees faithful like the Mets fans, too.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Done the Sox-Yanks thing down in the Bx about 5-7 times, including the bleachers and have never had a problem. Tell girlie to keep the pink Sox hat at home. Just don't be an aaaa-hole and you should be o.k.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I know people are having fun with the question. But seriously, explain to the girlfriend what can happen, but assure her it probably won't. Chances are pretty strong that you won't leave with bumps or bruises or too many piece of debris on you just because you root for the Red Sox and not the Yankees. Just be a class act about it, and you'll be fine.

Just remember, if your team scores a run, watch what you say; not because of what bodily harm, but because the Yankees will probably score later in the game and then the fans will taunt you ruthlessly and ruin the rest of the game for you.

That happened to me when I went to Pittsburgh last season to see the Mets. I spent the entire game rooting raucously for New York in a -- albeit small -- sea of Pirates fans. And when the Mets lost, 3-0, I got exactly what I deserved.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No one sporting their favorite team's colors deserves to be set ablaze. That's completely ridiculous.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This isn't soccer. Wear your gear.

The important thing is that if someone does try to get under your skin about it, respond good naturedly.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Chiefs fans and Mizzou fans might not have much of a reputation outside the Midwest, though there are horror stories for both. Unfortunately.

12. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I went to a game in Arrowhead last year, Seahawks-Chiefs. The Chiefs fans were a bunch of insufferable pricks. Of course, the fact that I was wearing a Mack Strong jersey had nothing to do with it. ::)

If I were with my better (in every way) half, I would forego the offending gear. In your case, Red Sox Nation has not increased the popularity of such items.

Draft saved Draft deleted