1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southwest Airlines

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Is Southwest ever going to expand their schedule? They only offer flights for the next three months. This has to be just horrible for business.

I'd go elsewhere, but I have a free flight I want to use in June. And I'm getting pissed.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That's the price you pay, so to speak, for all those cheap-ass flights.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm getting pissed, too. Batgirl and I are ready to book stuff for our honeymoon. Except we can't, since we're leaving in May and coming back in June. Somebody needs to ding their web buy with a frying pan.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I've noticed that, too. Thought maybe this was par for the course for Southwest, but I guess not.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I love everything about Southwest -- love that it's profitable, love its managment style, love its corporate ideals. I love everything about Southwest except actually using its product.

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

I had to fly Southwest to one game this year — it was by far my worst travel experience of the season. Because of it, no more Southwest for WSKY.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So what's the big deal? Just wait until March and book it then.

8. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

Southwest is the worst (Southworst). First, give me a damn assigned seat so I don't have to line up like cattle to get on the plane. Second, eliminate those seats that face each other. No one wants to sit there.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's your honeymoon. Don't be cheap with no assigned seats. Fly another airline and book seats next to eachother.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I've never seen a Southwest plane with seats that faced each other. Never.

Here's what Southwest has going for it:
    1. Cheap
    2. You're almost guaranteed a window seat if you check in online
    3. The Rapid Rewards is the easiest way to get a free flight of any frequent flyer program.

But these microscopic windows for booking travel is irritating.

11. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

Yes, they have them, and yes I've sat in them, and yes they suck. You know what else sucks about Southwest? Their male flight attendants who wear shorts. Don't know what bothers me about that, but it does.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Two hours ago, I got off a very pleasant Southwest flight. It was pretty empty (I had three seats to myself), the flight attendants served drinks twice, gave us lots of snacks and the captain kept us updated on when we were going to land, etc. Even our bags came out quickly. For the first time in I don't know how long I didn't feel like I was part of a herd of cattle.

Draft saved Draft deleted