1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southland

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Apr 9, 2009.

1. he's rusty

2. jps

jps Active Member

it happens when you're as old as he is.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wish i, i, i ... shit, i'm just scared now.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I thought last night was the best episode, really strong.

My favorite character, though, has become Richter, the retired drug-sniffing dog.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yesterday's was better than last week's. Next week's looks good too.

6. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Yeah, really liked last night's episode. It involved all the main characters again, but here's a question. That's back-to-back weeks now with absolutely no sign of C. Thomas Howell or his female blonde partner? Regina King seems to be the one consant each week.

Still, next week looks like it will be another good one.

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Enjoyed this week's episode a lot, and I really like Regina King. And I'm still not bothered by the bleeped curse words.
    But is anyone else noticing that the previews seem to show things that aren't aired in the following epsiode? Or maybe I'm just crazy. Seemed like previews for this week's episode showed the young girl from previous epsiodes at some boot camp-type thing, but I don't think I saw that, and it seems like there have been other similar instances. Just a minor quibble.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last night's episode was originally scheduled to run last week - which resulted in some minor stuff making no sense (the creepy guy visiting Regina King's character, the mom going to Paris stuff). Bad news is that Southland got beat by the Michael J. Fox special and a CSI repeat.

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Both of those things seemed to make sense to me ... the creepy guy was arrested earlier in the episode, and she told her date last week that Mom was moving to Paris. But the previews have seemed pretty odd.

10. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

I agree on the previews being out of order. Don't quite get that ploy.

Michael J. Fox was going to beat anyone in that time slot and there are too many CSI junkies out there. Heck, I bet CSI Miami reruns at midnight would beat plenty of shows, but since it was revealed earlier on this thread that Southland already has been picked up by NBC for the fall, I'm still happy.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's sad is Leno is going to need to add two million viewers at 10 p.m. to do as well as Southland did last night. Read an interesting idea that suggested putting Leno at 8 p.m. A much better idea for a few reasons, a more consistent lead-in to your later shows, you improve that hour for NBC instead of forcing some of your best shows to shift to earlier slots and water down their content, you spread out the late-night glut, you can put an actor on right before their show airs instead of the night before.

12. highlander

highlander Member

I just knew when she pocketed that kids stash, she'd be smoking it soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted