1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southland

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Apr 9, 2009.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

This week, nothing with the young girl who wanted to be a cop and stood up against the gang-bangers. I was afraid they were going to have her killed. They still could, I guess.
    So now that we know who Ben's dad is, does this mean Ben is really a grown-up Macauley Culkin?

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Or a Gladiator.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm really getting into this show. But like the rest of ya, still bugged about the C. Thomas Howell shooting and then being fine the next day.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I really liked the new episode, too. And I like Howell's character, but I find it hard to believe he'd get away with a lot of that crap.

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Also, I might have seriously misconstrued something. End of the first episode, the tough-talking veteran partner dude is in a bar, in street clothes. The previously busted transvestite hooker is complaining about his day, doesn't recognize the cop, who allows that he has had a rough day as well. All the guys around them are men. My inference was that the partner dude is secretly gay.
    Nothing since then has borne that out. In fact, he has an ex-wife who's worried about him, etc. So was I wrong?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he is gay, but the way the show has done U-turns with characters in just three episodes maybe he changed his mind.

7. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Thoughts on last night's episode? I thought it was compelling and it looks like this series is progressively getting better.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The ratings fell and lost to a Criminal Minds repeat and the Private Practice season finale.

9. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Well that sucks. I have seen my fair share of good shows get axed due to poor ratings because they were in a bad time slot. Any idea how ER was doing in the ratings before the season finale?

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

A couple episodes in now and I am undecided right now.

Fortunately, there is nothing else on at 10.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What does it matter if his hands were cuffed behind his back or not? Three shots center mass is three shots center mass. Not like he was going to catch the bullets with his hands. I do wish they would have explained his situation better, though.

I like how they focused on Regina King's character more in the last episode, and didn't touch the new kid's character at all.

Big fan of the show.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I thought it was odd that the kid and his partner weren't in this episode at all. In an ensemble cast, not everybody can be the A story every episode, but to ignore them seemed like an odd choice, especially since they had made him the centerpiece.

Not a fan of the story with the guy's nutty wife. It just seems out of place.

Don't mean to nitpick. The show is definitely worth watching.

Draft saved Draft deleted