1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southland Returns!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Mira

Mira Member

I liked the entire season but wish the finale would have been a two-hour episode since there were so many loose ends to to tie up. The finale went too quickly.

The second to last episode with the kidnapping was one of the most intense of any show I've ever seen on television. One hell of an emotional punch.

I hope they bring show back. The actors who play Sammy and Ben are leaving to shoot CBS pilots. To me, Michael Cudlitz is one of the best actors working on television. Somebody's gotta hire that guy if Southland doesn't continue.

2. Mira

Mira Member

I came across this NYT article about Season 5. Thought I would share.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/27/arts/television/southland-on-tnt-pursues-bad-guys-and-realism.html?_r=0

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The actor who plays Ben has made it clear in interviews that he would return to Southland if the show were picked up.

4. Mira

Mira Member

Actors can do two shows at one time, for sure. I read a story that said Ben McKenzie is shooting a CBS pilot, and so is Shawn Hatosy.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. McKenzie also said Southland is his number one priority if it gets picked up. Let's hope so. It really has become one of my favorite shows. Apparently, it's only drawing about 1.5 million viewers. Four times as many people watch other crime shows on TNT, which saddens me.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There is no chance in hell Southland gets picked up. Everyone working on it knows this.

7. JackReacher

That's what it's looking like. Not enough viewers.

Unfortunate. It's easily the best thing on TNT. And almost anywhere else.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The 2nd to last episode was thrilling; the finale was excellent as well.

SPOILER BELOW....

I'd love to keep watching but I think its over and Cooper's demise (SPOILER!!!!) was a fitting end.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah that certainly did not look like a series that thought it was going to continue. Would be pretty unrealistic to think Cooper survives that.

10. JackReacher

Especially since they've already done the "Is he dead?" season finale cliffhanger once before.

11. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

There's no question that since the move from NBC to TNT, SouthLAnd developed into the best TV drama that very few watched. Hope TNT decides to bring it back for another season.

Alan Sepinwall on season five's finale: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/season-finale-review-southland-reckoning-end-of-watch

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've learned from these shows that if a main character shows any signs of life in a cliffhanger, chances are he returns (if the series does). They left the window open.

Draft saved Draft deleted