1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southern Va. mystery SE posting

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Probably the EE, because the ME job opens up almost as much as the SE job.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

earth.google.com

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Given where you work, I must say I'm surprised you don't at least get comp time for going over 40.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, I get comp time. I have about 12 days right now. But when do I use it? Hell, I didn't even get all my vacation time in last year.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Good point. I hate "use it, or lose it" policies.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And those 12 are for actual full days I work that are labeled as off days. My "days off" are Tuesday and Wednesday, usually, but those are spent on 3-4 teleconferences, setting up interviews and writing my Friday story.

So, you know, it's all in how you look at it. I've never expected to get paid for what I work.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Well then you are just getting screwed with your pants on. Either that or you are just blindly dedicated to THE COMPANY!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I just worked 19 hours, Quarking 24 pages and doing many other jobs. Will I get paid for all that time? Who knows.

9. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

They're also the only paper that requests to be sent only .txt files. GHETTO. :p

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Got to be Martinsville. They're hiding because they get bashed so much - deservedly so - on this board.

11. boots

boots New Member

Ginny Wray is a tough bird. Nuff said. Heed the warnings if you can.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I second that. She works six days a week about 80 or so hours. That place is her life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.