1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southern Men Are Effeminate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 20, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The real question is if he takes a wide stance.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, he apologizes:

Back home, the remarks were surprising only in degree; many had gotten used to, if weary of, Schweitzer's off-the-cuff, over-the-top musings. While the lack of filter seemed novel and engaging at first, over time it grew tiresome and even offensive, said one former political ally who, like many onetime supporters, eventually grew disenchanted with the governor.

Stephanie Schriock, a former Montana Democratic strategist and the head of Emily's List, an organization that boosts female candidates, said Schweitzer “owes Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Eric Cantor, the men of the South, LGBT Americans, and women everywhere an apology.”

“But,” she added, “I don’t want to suggest he continue talking.”

On Thursday afternoon, Schweitzer said he was sorry in a post on his Facebook page.

“I recently made a number of stupid and insensitive remarks to a reporter from the National Journal,” he wrote. “I am deeply sorry and sincerely apologize for my carelessness and disregard.”

http://lat.ms/1m3GlLq

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The only people who ever believed Schweitzer would be a serious candidate for president are people who'd only sorta half paid attention to him, or political press faking it enough to con their editors into greenlighting a free trip to Montana.

Draft saved Draft deleted