1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park: Why bother?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 21, 2010.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Congrats, CC. You managed to alienate the makers of your longest-running show AND your biggest star in one week.
    For bending over to cyberthugs (and these are thugs - I no longer give a damn what religion they're hiding behind), you suits deserve the beatdown you're catching.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Jon Stewart's rant on this issue was/is one of his best rants ever. God Bless the "Go [bleep] Yourself" choir.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure whether your serious with those comments or not, but, South Park has blasted Christians for years. They had a status of Mary that was bleeding because it was on its period, for heaven's sake. And no one ever threatened the lives of Parker and Stone then.

That the Muslim community hasn't spoken out loudly against this kind of intimidating bullshit is a joke. That sometimes Christians can be similarly stupid about staying mum om murdering abortion doctors doesn't make this any more excusable.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the hell of it is, you can see an image of Muhammad on the first appearance of the "Super Best Friends." It's like when several self-righteous TV stations decided not to show a network presentation of "Saving Private Ryan" a few years back for fear of another Janet Jackson suit ... even though "Ryan" had already been seen on over-the-air TV.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Just saw it on xepisodes.com, and I agree wholeheartedly with the above post.

Draft saved Draft deleted