1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park: Why bother?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 21, 2010.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Doesn't that contradict that Cartman's mom is his father?

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

This is such a work.

Best PR money can buy.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

This was the second part of a two-parter in which the first we found up that was just a big cover up to keep the truth under wraps.
    It was funny during the first 15 minutes I saw bootlegged on YouTube that the running joke was which is more important, not showing (beep) or who the father of Cartman is. I couldn't see the final five because Viacom yanked everything with the quickness.
    It was a horrible move by Comedy Central to censor the episode. I just wish that Matt and Trey would take the show to Showtime or HBO and completely do it right. Comedy Central has done this crap to a good show that made them big for the last time.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Gee, way to paint with the broad brush there.

Not all Muslims are wild-eyed killers, chief.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Finally sat through part II. To call it lazy would be a compliment.

Usually on some of the lesser episodes one storyline is good and the other is mediocre. Neither was even close to mediocre this time.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I hope that those Muslims don't kill Kenny!

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The guys running Comedy Central think so apparently.

I also wonder what the reaction would be if a christian group threatened the life of these guys - or anyone else - who mocked christianity.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

More story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/22/south-park-mohammed-censo_n_547484.html

9. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

And the best way to halt those assumptions would be for Muslim leaders to speak out against anyone who threatens to put a hit out on someone for "offending" the religion.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The South Park guys get approximately $100 million a year from Comedy Central. With very rare exception, they can do whatever they want. That's why I want to know what was cut out of Wednesday's episode.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You mean like moderate Hindus speak out against Shiv Sena, moderate Christians speak out against people who bomb abortion clinics and moderate Scientologists speak out against Tom Cruise?

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Huffington today: Stewart's now knee-deep in this mess. Defending South Park and blasting the Muslim group.

Stewart better be looking over his shoulder. Who knows if they'll put a fatwa on his ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted