1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Oct 8, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

An episode to be continued...

I though it was funny, especially when Craig was telling them how they're dicks, but has anyone actually seen a Peruvian flute band before? It sounded like Rusted Root.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This episode was by far the best of the season so far...and then my DVR recording stopped near the end before they even got to Peru. I blame my wife.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Happened to me, too. Pissed me off. Did anyone see the end?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Reading the Onion AV Club's review of it (BTW, everyone on there hated the episode) it sounds like we didn't miss much. Seems like the only thing we missed was the Homeland Security guy saying "There's only one person who can stop this" and it cuts to a picture of Craig. 2-parter?

2 more thoughts:
    1. The face on the Homeland Security guy right before he did the tongue-eye-suck thing to the other bureaucrat was legitimately creepy.
    2. Wouldn't want him having such a big role every episode, but Craig was great last night. He's a deadpan motherfucker and hilarious as an audience surrogate. "You guys always have some big scheme, like this, and it always gets you into trouble, and that's why no one at school likes you."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That happens a lot. Comedy Central is infamous for starting everything 2-3 minutes late. When I tivo South Park, I usually record the show after it as well, for that exact reason. It's really annoying.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

There was no end, this was a typical South Park two-parter. At the end, if you saw the guinea pigs attacking everything, the Homeland Security guy was standing there and revealed that he was behind the whole thing. Then he said that the "key" to stopping the furry menace was on a plane heading halfway to nowhere. Then there was a file in his hand, and the picture attached to it was Craig.
    This was the best episode of the season so far, and I can't wait for the rest.
    Craig made the episode, with all his comments as to why everyone hated them.

Draft saved Draft deleted