1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park Season 10 premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Loved it. The game gave them a perfect excuse to change the animation and try something different. And I loved how they showed the guy playing the game -- it cracked me up every time.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I'm on the road this week at an event and my 12-year-old -- who is a WOW fanatic (he spent his summer playing and plays once a day every weekend) -- called me at 10:30 (his bedtime) to tell me all about it.

Didn't see it, but I might as well have, since he was so into it, I got chapter-and-verse.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I could have done without the pooping, but other than that it was pretty good.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought that was the funniest part of the episode...

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's playing again at 10 p.m. tonight.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I thought it was hilarious. I hope i get out of the office in time to get home and catch it again, but I doubt that'll happen.

7. Drock

Drock Member

I liked the episode, but I didn't know it was a real game. I'm clueless on video games besides Madden and NCAA Football, and I've never played either.

8. Canyonero!

Canyonero! Member

I've got a buddy who plays Warcraft who was calling me during it and laughing because he recognized backgrounds in the game scenes.

Great episode, I loved how it played out like an LOTR or Willow.

9. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I enjoyed its uniqueness and loved the pooping and nerd warrier aspects, but the ending left me disappointed.
    I was waiting for the boys to take over and slaughter everyone else in the game or for Cartman to take the sword and kill off his buddies. Something else had to happen.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I liked the point that nothing happened because WoW has no point.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

See, for me the ending was brilliant. A lot of these games now, you spend so much time on this mission or that quest. (Think Grand Theft Auto.) You spend so much time and energy on that one thing just so you can continue to play the game.

And that's why the ending worked for me.

12. It would have been great if that uber nerd was wearing a Schilling jersey. He's a complete WOW geek.

Draft saved Draft deleted