1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park: Cartman has Tourette's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Oct 8, 2007.

1. The National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes? What do they have to do with sex with children?

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

that was pretty darn funny. maybe not top 10 south park, but still fuckin' funny. the 'ah shit' at the end was great. and i liked the guys coming in and shooting themselves. while not a homer on to catch a predator, certainly a double

for those of you who haven't seen it, <a href="http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/SouthPark/S11E08.php">it's certainly worth your while</a>

3. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

The South Park guys know their audience and what targets to go after. What got Imus in trouble is that it looked terrible for an ancient white guy, with a history of saying ugly racial things, to call a group of young black women "hos". That's different from a couple of smart-assy young guys making fun of pedophiles.

4. People were pissed when they made fun of Steve Irwin a week or so after he was killed.

It helps that it's a cartoon and the people saying the most "offensive" things are kids.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The "Chicken Lover" episode will never be topped.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I haven't watched South Park regularly since the beginning, so I'm sure I've missed some other classics.

But goodness, I can't believe how funny that was last night. The guy running in and yelling THESE AREN'T REALLY BROWNIES!!! and killing himself, along with the rest of the molestors, was the funniest capper ever.

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Threadjack: Can I out myself as an asshole and say, while it's horrible that the Crocodile Hunter died, like it's horrible that any man with young children dies suddenly, it's not one of the greatest tragedies in history? The guy was kind of a dumb-ass. I mean, my God, Matt Drudge was trying to gin up controversy about Bill Maher dressing up for a private Halloween party as Steve Irwin with a stingray tail haging out of his chest. I think that's funny, in a tasteless sort of way (actually, a buddy of mine did the same thing last Halloween)...as long as he didn't wear that in front of Irwin's widow or kids, it's fine.
    And it's creepy as fuck that they shoved Steve Irwin's little girl on a TV show. Let her have a normal life.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's a funny episode, but it's no "Scott Tenorman Must Die." I still remember seeing that, then making my roommates watch the rerun when they came home. They couldn't understand what I was so worked up about...until the last five minutes.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

byh, if you haven't seen scott tenorman must die, you must stop whatever you're doing and find it... (edited out the wrong link... bastards)

it'd be tough for me to make a top 10, although, <a href="http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/SouthPark/S07E14.php">raisins</a> would have to be somewhere on that list, too

10. a kindred spirit.

Greatest. Episode. Ever.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Agreed with those who think Scott Tenorman Must Die will never be topped.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

"I don't think I'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams."

"Right. You see the reason that you are ..."

"And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think I'm unhappy?"

Draft saved Draft deleted