1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park: Cartman has Tourette's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Oct 8, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I didn't see a thread about this...my humble apologies if I missed it.

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I have never--and I mean never--laughed so hard at something in my life. Good Lord, you must see this. The end sequence is shit your pants funny.

See this. Now.

2. Honestly, BYH, I've hated SP for a long , long time. My coworker convinced me to watch the episode, and I was asoluteluy crying. One of the funniest things Ive ever seen, if not the funniest.

The girl who bends her neck and snaps her fingers was hahahahahahahaha hilarious. I I'm laughing right now....

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Almost all of the very best episodes are Cartman-centric

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Cartman is my favourite character so the best episodes in my opinion are the ones that Cartman is the focus.

5. I recommend this episode and the one where the characters are playing World of Warcraft.

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It was amusing, but I didn't exactly have tears rolling down my face. I haven't watched South Park in a while, but what's up with Stan and Kenny only making cameo appearances at the reception?

"The game is not on, you derelict." Now that I enjoyed.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watch a ton of TV and the best episodes of South Park are funnier than anything I've ever seen...

Compared to the other comedies on TV, the Tourettes episode was an A. Compared to the best episodes of South Park, it's a C. It doesn't even approach the top 10 best South Park episodes.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I love South Park and I thought the episode was hilarious.

I keep waiting for an Imus-like outrage against an episode. Let's face it: the comments that got Imus fired weren't much different from the stuff he's said for years. It's just that the people who were most upset about them probably never had heard him.

One of these days, the topic South Park hits is going to outrage somebody who has never watched the show and there will be a huge controversy. I hope it never happens and I'm stunned it hasn't happened yet.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It was pretty good, but I definitely wouldn't consider it one of the best ever.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Comedy Central is smart enough to know that there are certain shows they have to stand by regardless of how far they push the envelope. South Park and The Daily Show and to a much lesser extent, The Colbert Report are their signature shows and they pretty much let the principles do as they please. It was the same way with Chappelle when he was there.

Their last contract with Parker and Stone makes the Chappelle deal look like pennies. Comedy Central does a lot wrong, but they know not to mess with the shows that are bringing in the bulk of their revenue.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I agree ... I thought it was good, but not a classic. I thought they sort of wiffed with To Catch a Predator. That's a hanging curve for a show like South Park and I expected them to do a little better job with it. I guess when it comes to South Park and sex with children, NAMBLA is still the way to go.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I did like how they included Chris Hansen's weird ability to get people to sit down instead of leaving.

Draft saved Draft deleted