1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park 6/9

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

(those bastards.)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the concept of this week's show was brilliant.

I thought the execution was very poor.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

2013, actually. Your point is right, just picking nits.

And what a downer to end on! Was this the season finale, at least?

4. Mizzougrad96

I saw two different stories yesterday, one said 2013 (which I think is right) and one said they have seven episodes left.

I agree about that episode being a major downer.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just don't think they can bring a full 22 minutes anymore. I did not watch this episode, but I will.

The idea of Butters having multiple personalities when he was just normally doing imagination playing was brilliant, but the episode just lost steam as it went on. In their glory, they never lost steam,

6. Big Circus

I read 2013 on the AV Club, which is usually pretty good about that stuff. And to answer the question I asked before, it was the last episode before the midseason break.

7. Big Circus

It's a show of great moments now, rather than great episodes. There are single moments (the nastiest parts of "Human CentIPAD" come to mind) that are up there with the best gags the show's ever done. But I'd be surprised if we saw another "Marjorine" or "Fat Butt and Pancake Head" come down the pike.

8. Mizzougrad96

They usually do 12-14 episodes a year so that would make sense...

9. Mizzougrad96

Fat Butt and Pancake Head is probably a top 10 episode. Helen Keller the Musical is a favorite, as is Scott Tenorman must die, Tom's Rhinoplasty is a great one from early on that holds up nicely.

Home runs in the last five seasons have been rare. World of Warcraft is the only one I can think of, but I might be forgetting one.

10. 93Devil

Butters tapdancing
    The Frontier Days stay in character

11. 93Devil

WoWarcraft was amazing, though.

They used to nail that one moment where everything comes together, and the dad groaning in Best Buy was it. Freaking awesome.

12. Mizzougrad96

I've enjoyed some of the ones where there seems to be an underlying message.

Up the Down Steroid comes to mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted