1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park 10/24 - spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hadn't seen a thread yet, so what the hey.
    Part one of this thing was unsettling to me on some level. Not sure if it was the terrorist attack or the image of the decapitated Care Bear that haunts my dreams, but it was just difficult for me to watch it again.
    This one, though, was great. Especially loved the appearance of ManBearPig and the return of the Christmas Critters.

Only beef is, in the South Park universe, aren't Jesus and Azlan real? How did they end up in Imaginationland?

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I too was wondering about Jesus in Imaginationland. I like that this episode was less graphic than part I. Has South Park every had a three-part episode? I've watched the show on and off from the start, but don't remember any.

Kyle and Stan trying to figure out the imagination song was pretty funny, especially when they were getting technical "I think this is where the part gets flat." The Stargate bridge was also good.

Cartman's balls getting so dry that they turn to dust. Gross.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This one pretty much left me cold.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

So far, so good. Usually, when South Park tries to do something "ambitious", it falls flat on its face. 90% of the time, the show is at its best when it's at its simplest.

But this works. I love Cartman's melodramatic quest to have Kyle suck his balls. And all the characters in Imaginationland make me wish I had TiVo.

I thought having Jesus in imaginationland was a great touch. Some of us do consider him nothing more than a make-believe character, so I got a good chuckle.

And I'd been waiting for a return of the Christmas critters. Proof once again that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are holding the best drugs on the planet.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

"They're raping us and it hurts!"

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nasty. That ball-sucking thing kinda sounds like a rip-off of Drawn Together. I saw an episode a few weeks back in which the arch nemesis Superman knock-off on that show turns out to be a guy who tricks the hero into washing his balls over and over again.

And I wonder about anybody that has to resort to ripping off Drawn Together. Very weird show.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

All I have to say is Al Gore was right. Manbearpig is a freaking menace and a threat. Thank Jesus he's protecting us from manbearpig.

Draft saved Draft deleted