1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Florida Sun-Sentinel Sports Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lynn_Hoppes, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Lynn_Hoppes

Lynn_Hoppes Member

I was asked to post this on as many sites as possible.

Brian White, who has been a great sports editor and great friend, is moving to Seattle to be Editorial Supervisor for Sports for MSNBC.com. This job will be posted until Jan. 25.

So...

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is looking for a Sports Editor who can build on the quality journalism in a department long recognized by APSE for producing top-10 sections. Our staff covers four professional teams, nationally recognized college programs, an expansive high school sports network as well as community sports. In addition to daily sections, we produce weekly college and pro football sections during the season and multiple special sections. We cover games, produce enterprise and contribute significantly to our online edition, producing some of the most popular blogs on the site. We want a leader who will thrive in a highly competitive market. This editor must plan content for print and electronic media and direct daily coverage as well as enterprise, watchdog and consumer pieces. The ideal candidate can produce coverage that satisfies the most ardent Sports section reader as well as identify stories for the front page. To apply, please send a letter describing your qualifications and vision along with a resume by Jan. 25 to: Recruitment Editor Kathleen Pellegrino, Sun-Sentinel, 200 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 or kpellegrino@sun-sentinel.com. Finalists will be asked to do a critique.

2. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

Lynn, our company could save on moving costs if you jump in.

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

A truly GREAT job for someone. BWhite is/was tremendous (both at shortstop on a certain newspaper softball team and as an SE), and surely will be missed in Fort Lauderdale. A big-boy gig, both in circ., location and competition (Miami and Palm Beach).

rb

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Be careful.

5. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

I'll bite: Be careful of ..........?

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

... out there?

7. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

I'm guessing SC means be careful of outing yourself.

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Um, ok.

rb

9. HIRE DON MCMULLEN

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Why are you yelling at us?

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I love caps-lock guy. Never realizes how he comes off, which is, unfortunately, standing on a table, yelling at the top of his lungs. Italics? No problem. Underline everything? Just looks emphatic. But all-caps? Lunacy.

12. jmb51879

jmb51879 Member

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!
    LOUD NOISES!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted