1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Florida papers form news bureau with FIU J-school

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 2, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Extends the content-sharing agreement between the Miami Herald, Sun-Sentinel and Palm Beach Post.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003918219

Good for the J-school students, anyway. I suspect for full-timers at those three papers, not so much.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

There are full timers left at the papers?//ugh font

I get the weekend Post.. it's amazing what a pile of crap it has become in a remarkably short time. It was such a terrific paper, too, before the troubles that have beset our industry

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good for those kids.

This will be the only newspaper experience they get, since they'll be laid off at graduation.

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

The Orange County Register has "outsourced" coverage of two cities in its circulation area to journalism students at Chapman University in Orange.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good luck to those poor kids. Anybody smart enough to do a good job would me more than smart enough to see this an opportunity not for a career, but to change their major immediately.

Draft saved Draft deleted