1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina Primary Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Willard-Mitt blurts out more stuff how unfair it is that everybody hates him because he's so rich. If only they would get to work.

Then he blathers out some stuff about how people need "a little luck" and "to take some risks" to succeed.

But wait wait wait wait... I thought your Uberclass numbers eggheads keep telling us the reason the whole housing market went in the shitter was too many "risky" mortgages were given out to those shiftless lazy lower-income people. Now you're telling us counting on luck is the road to success??

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/12/news/economy/romney_envy/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2

Keep it up, silver spooner.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Occupy Wall Street and S.C. Republicans in partnership. Who knew?

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Romney got beat by Ted Kennedy on the same charges in the 1994 Senate campaign.

4. If Rick Santorum was told he could be President but only if he allowed Rick Perry to sodomize him - would he agree to that deal?

Is there a way we could trick him into thinking this is for real?

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

It wouldn't be a matter of Romney having an insurmountable lead. Rather, it would be a matter of Romney having so much momentum and the other candidates not having the breakthrough performance they need to draw people and money off Romney's bandwagon and on to theirs. If Romney wins SC, he'll be three for three, with two of the races being in states where he was expected to struggle some. Voters will, however grudgingly, accept the idea of him as the nominee, the other candidates' money supplies will dry up and they won't be able to mount a viable campaign. Romney still won't have locked up the nomination mathematically, but he'll lock it up in reality.

I'm just astonished though that Romney's competition has been so lousy. You would have thought that, with a weak, vulnerable incumbent and a stagnant economy that better candidates would have jumped in. Instead we got this clown car and Romney, for all of his own vulnerabilities, has barely had to break a sweat.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think the #1 goal is to get Newt to ix-nay on the orporate-kay ultures-vay, and the easiest way to do that is to win S.C. If Newt doesn't get something going there, even he has to see the writing on the wall.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Don't blame me, I voted Colbert.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/stephen-colbert-transfers-super-pac-to-jon-stewart-teases-entry-to-republican-primary-in-sc/2012/01/12/gIQAuLSmuP_story.html

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Tonight on Ed Show, Ed was talking about the history of Mormon discriminatory practices against blacks. No doubt this will come up in South Carolina.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm sure that would Romney among GOP voters in South Carolina. What's funny is it's coming from a guy from North Dakota, where blacks are still seen as foreign, unless they're a star football or basketball player.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

How can Mittens be the inevitable when he won (if he really did) by eight votes in Iowa, and only got 39 percent in a state that was supposed to be a slam dunk? I know that having so many candidates increases the chances that the win comes as a plurality, but Mitt is hardly wowing 'em.

Plus, this Bain Capital thing is killing him for the general. He has no idea how to respond that doesn't make him sound like a to-the-manor-born douchebag. As much as the "I-could-have-a-beer-with-that-guy" argument for voting makes you cringe, to win a campaign you have to connect personally with people, and Romney just can't do that. Merely voting for him to vote against Obama isn't going to win him the election.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Stock up on mud, how! Plenty to be thrown, here, since such tactics have worked so well in this state in the past . . .

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Mitt couldn't break 40 percent in New Hampshire and he has been running for the past five years.

Draft saved Draft deleted