1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sourdough vs. BBQ: Super Bowl LIV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I've disliked the Packers for more than three decades. What's your excuse?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've disliked open public defecation for more than three decades.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I was referring to the second part of your post. The first part was kinda funny.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

East Carolina couldn't play dead. In the American Athletic Conference, much less anywhere else ...

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. Misunderstood that.
    Well, see, on the second part, we always seem to get these weird letters promoting some sort of cause because of the Super Bowl's high profile. Many of these have a political bent. Given the dislike of some groups of Native American-related nicknames, as well as football in general, and that they can also tie it in tangentially to what a 49er is, I figure this is a hardcore left-winger's wet dream Super Bowl.
    FWIW, I also had one ready to go on PETA protesting the Packers to promote a vegan lifestyle.

Let's just get back to football now, by remembering what happened at halftime the last time the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl:

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Three pages in, and this thread has already turned to crap. Gonna be a long two weeks.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Or Elvis Grbac?

garrow, Baron Scicluna, Liut and 5 others like this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

VegasInsider.com has the early line at Chiefs -1, and the over/under at 52 1/2.
    The O/U opened at 51 1/2 and has already been bet up a point.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Chiefs gonna matriculate the ball down the field boys!

I think that 65 toss power trap will break wide open.

Break out those blue blazers with the arrowhead logo.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ll root for K.C. for no other reason than Patrick Mahomes is the most entertaining player in the league. And Jimmy G is just too handsome and was once a Patriot.

But I think the Niners are the better, more complete team.

It’ll be Rice-A-Roni in Miami. A San Francisco treat.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like the Chiefs. They stuffed Henry, 211/182/195 the last three games and today 69. I also like their QB better. Biggest concern is if KC gets off to a slow start again - or given their ability to come back, maybe not.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There better be some heavy use of "matriculate" in stories the next 2 weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted