1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soup for You

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 11, 2013.

?

What's your go to soup?

1. Vegetable Beef

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Chicken Noodle

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Tomato

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Minestrone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clam Chowder

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Other

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

She crab soup -- crabs, sherry and cream. A mid-Atlantic staple.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Had a wild rice soup at this place in Minneapolis (FireLake, near Target Field) last summer that was out of this world.

Best soup I've ever had was the chicken tortilla soup at La Especial Norte in Encinitas. I can eat chicken tortilla just about any time; kind of surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Still trying to perfect mine at home, and don't feel I'm anywhere close to perfection yet.

Whoever said Pho is a No. 1 seed in this tournament is right. It's like sex: When it's bad, it's still pretty damn good. And when it's good, it's mind-blowing.

And I vote no on chili being soup. It's too versatile and meaty (TWSS.)

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I love soup. Especially a nice bowl of tomato bisque with grilled cheese.

Dr. J makes this great chicken noodle. He replaces a lot of salt with lemon juice for a lower sodium content. It's amazing.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Thick potato soup with dumplings. Heaven.

5. Minestrone is the Andy Dick of soups.

Who knew?

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Love chili, one of my most favourite foods in the world, but it is not a soup. And it is ALWAYS better the next day. I often make a big pot on a Saturday night and not have any out of it, let it cook for four hours or more. Let it cool, then into tupperwear and I have a great lunch for the rest of the week. People also tend to leave me alone at work then as well, for some reason.

Not a huge soup fan, mostly because when I have soup nine times out of 10 its from a can. And usually then it is chicken noodle, so my go-to would be chicken noodle.

But my favourite, damn, that's tough. My mom makes some real good soup that I don't get near enough, usually it is with leftovers from holidays. She makes an awesome turkey and rice soup, so good. I love turkey, mostly because of its leftover versatility. But she also makes a great beef and barley soup that I haven't had in ages. May put in a request for it when I drive home in a few weeks.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I know what soup I'm getting next Mardi Gras.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57578953/hangover-soup-yak-a-mein-actually-works-scientist-says/

Maybe sooner if I get a good recipe.

Draft saved Draft deleted