1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soup for You

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 11, 2013.

?

What's your go to soup?

1. Vegetable Beef

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Chicken Noodle

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Tomato

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Minestrone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clam Chowder

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Other

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Just curious.

I like soup. I really like soup. My favorite is lobster Corn Chowder but that's not what I'd consider my "go to" stock the shelves soup.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Big fan of soup myself - but define "go to" please. Favorite? Jewish penicillin?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Being Jewish, it's gotta be chicken noodle, but when I'm feeling really sick, I order wor wonton soup from a Chinese restaurant.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Tomato, but I have to eat a grilled cheese sandwich with it.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

No soup that comes out of a can is my 'go to' soup. Homemade or nothing and probably Split Pea w/Ham.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You'd love this place. We have been there.

http://www.peasoupandersens.net/index.shtml

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good question.

During the winter it's New England clam chowder, and luckily a dude in town makes the best I ever had.

But the go-to soup any time of year, and especially when I'm in NYC, is matzo ball, and I found great matzo ball soup at Mr. Broadway (excellent latkes too for any Jews here).

Best soup I've *ever* had (non-mom division) is the french onion soup at Andre's in Vegas. For 13 years I have searched far and wide in a quest to find french onion that comes close to it but I fear I'll never find it. The stock and the onions were perfect and the enormous glog of melted cheese on top of it was world-class mozzarella.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm in! :D

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pho is the top seed.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Great call. Although, I live just 20 minutes away and haven't been there in ages. I may have to rectify that.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I love clam chowdah.

Draft saved Draft deleted