1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sounding board

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PT28, Aug 9, 2007.

1. PT28

PT28 New Member

Thanks in advance for listening.

I'm being sabotaged in my newsroom, led to believe one thing when important information learned has now led me to believe I'm getting the ax. In fact, I know it's going to drop within two weeks. It's a painful feeling because I have poured my heart and soul into this company for X-number of years and been the backbone of its success. I still have my position. Soon, I won't. That the process is being done through back channels is what hurts most.

Thanks for listening.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Hang in there, PT... I'm sort of in the same boat. I will know after a meeting on Tuesday.

Be strong.

3. PT28

PT28 New Member

Thank you, Colton. What hurts is that the person in charge who you've always believed to be a straight-up boss would execute the act the way I've found out he's planning on executing it. I can latch on elsewhere. It's the principle of the matter, however. Plans were made verbally for one thing, and the path I was led down led me to believe there was nothing but truth to those plans. Nothing but a lie.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

PT: The man who championed my cause got the boot after 13 years a month ago. His exit, I'm afraid, has greased the skids for my departure after almost 22 years here.

Hang in there, buddy.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Sounds sort of like the fucked up deal I just went through.

Draft saved Draft deleted