1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sound track to your life

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jan 14, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Haha ... you have a song from Rent! [/insidejoke]

:D

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I realized looking at mine that I need to put some more stuff on it . . . I have NO Nirvana on there at all yet. That's just wrong.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Looks like I need to get you some good music as a wedding gift, spup. :)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Muahahaha. I know, right?

But last year, when I got a new car--new being a subjective term, it was newer than dead, which my previous car was--I really wanted the satellite radio. I could not justify getting both satellite radio and an IPod, so my wife and I decided I'd get the satellite radio at Christmas 2005 and she'd get the IPod sometime the following summer.

We can, of course, share the IPod. But a.) I'd probably break it and b.) I don't want to surf thru all her crap to find my good stuff. :D

One of these days I'll win one or something.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Ouch. I actually have a ton of music on my itunes and a lot of country which never seemed to come up on my shuffle. My "wedding song" was actually one of the songs I'd downloaded as wedding music and was appropriately titled, "Wedding songs..."

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

BYH: save your marriage, spend $80 and get a shuffle. :D

7. Opening Credits: Master of Puppets - Metallica
    Waking Up: Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
    First Day At School: Mad World - Gary Jules
    Falling in Love: Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
    Fight Song: Hell Yeah - Dead Prez
    Breaking Up: Smoke Two Joints - Sublime
    Prom: Yesterday - The Beatles
    Life: We Major - Kanye West
    Mental Breakdown: Lucifer - Jay-Z
    Driving: Deez Nuts - Dr. Dre
    Flashback: Illusions - Cypress Hill
    Wedding: Protect Ya Neck - Wu-Tang Clan
    Birth of Child: New Year's Day - U2
    Final Battle: The Thrill is Gone - BB King
    Death Scene: A Game - Talib Kweli
    Funeral Song: Do U Wanna Ride - Do or Die
    End Credit: Today Was a Good Day - Ice Cube

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I think it's entirely appropriate that my "wedding song" on this list (Today - Smashing Pumpkins) is the definition of sarcasm.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't have an iPod. I did find one of the many programs on my laptop that stores downloaded music, however, and that did the trick.

A co-worker tried to explain how her iPod mini (is that it?) works, but it looks like too much work.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Aren't those the ones with room for only a few hundred songs?

I'd like to hold out for one that has room for thousands and thousands of my favorite crappy tunes!!!! :D

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The iPod mini is actually really easy Pal. I just hook it to my computer and it does all the work. When I want to listen to music, I just put it on shuffle and listen to whatever.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

One of these days I'll have to break down and get with the times. One of these days.

Speaking of ITunes, I have a small collection of songs I picked up randomly from Limewire, but can I just go to an ITunes site and download for free to bulk up my collection, or do I have to pay?

Draft saved Draft deleted