1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SOUND THE ALARM!!!! BAN TANNING BEDS!!!! SAVE US FROM OURSELVES!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You've never met a drunk who didn't think he/she was drunk? What fantasy world do you live in?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You've never met a person who has successfully driven and texted and not caused an accident? What fantasy world do you live in?

See I can do that, too.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You mean make shitty comparisons? That's not what Ace did.

4. zagoshe

That's not what I did, either.

An example of shitty comparisons is, oh I don't know, comparing drunk driving with texting while driving.

One, there are very real statistics about how many people die each year as a result of.

The other, there is no data, other than some statistical garb-a-ly-gook and probability chart thrown out there by some elitist pinheads who began their study with the premise that texting was more evil than tobacco......

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Translation: Zag doesn't like their data, so he will find an excuse to dismiss it.

I'm sorry if the linking of two things that impair drivers is too complex for you to follow up on. Perhaps your childish political philisophy is starting to have an impact on all of your thinking.

6. zagoshe

One thing impairs a driver.

The other thing perhaps DISTRACTS a driver momentarily.

I'm sorry you are too dumb to know the difference between the two.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Zag still doesn't understand that smoking is a public health issue, not to mention a work place safety issue.

And this idea that "changing the TV channel" is comparable to "texting while driving" proves that he's a little soft in the head.

But then this is the guy who thinks driving is a right.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Perhaps your perceived lack of data stems from the fact that drinking has been around since before Christ and texting has been popular about 5-10 years.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My goal is to keep engaging Zag in arguments till he runs over my mother-in-law.

10. zagoshe

Really, something which has become popular in the past ten years and has become very much a part of life in the last three -- shouldn't it have led to a rash of deaths by now given how dangerous it is?

And JR -- once again -- if I smoke, and I hire people who either smoke or aren't paranoid about second-hand smoke and if I clearly make it known that my establishment allows smoking -- there isn't a public health issue or a workplace safety issue, no matter how many times you try to use this approach to your communist flights of fantasy.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Won't you drown in spittle and froth, first?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nah. I loaded up on diuretics.

Draft saved Draft deleted