1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SOUND THE ALARM!!!! BAN TANNING BEDS!!!! SAVE US FROM OURSELVES!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Jul 28, 2009.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Mystic Tan, Sxy, Mystic Tan.

And I wonder what the medical opinion is on that ...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He doesn't understand the difference between those and texting while driving, either.

(Though the bar one, it is my business because non-smokers might want to go into a bar, too.)

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Zag has been going on about his "right" to smoke in a bar since Christ was a cowboy.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I went into a bar the other night that allowed smoking and it was thick with acrid cancer smoke. Both bartenders were smoking behind the bar as well. So I left. Just like anyone else can.

5. outofplace

Last time I went to a bar, I savored the opportunity to do so without having to deal with the smoke. Progress. I love it.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Are you just trying to dislodge my consonants?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe because I'm whiter than the whitest man in whitest Sweden, but I've never understood the allure of a tan.

There's exceptions of course, but as a rule, I think women look more attractive without a tan than with. Not to mention all the trouble it takes to get a good one.

Says the man who's never come close to having a good tan in his life. :)

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Progress is not taking away the freedom of consenting adults to live their lives as they choose.

And as Bigpern pointed out -- he went into a bar, there was smoking and (gasp) he excercised his right to walk out. And he did so without getting all preachy to the people who were enjoy a smoke and he did so without kicking or screaming and whining about how someone in his family died of cancer.

That's how we are supposed to do things in America.

You don't like what someone says on TV or radio, change the channel.
    You don't like that a bar allows smoking, go to a bar that doesn't.
    You don't like that a bar allows dancers to get fully nude and people to pay them big bucks to do it, don't go to that bar.
    You don't think you can handle texting while you drive, don't fucking do it.

But don't tell me and certainly don't try and have your government tell me I can't do it.

9. zagoshe

Fixed

10. outofplace

Too late. Our government is telling you where you can and cannot smoke. And guess what? It's getting worse for you. I love it.

You don't like it? Go outside and smoke. :)

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Freep.com had a story comparing tanning bed usage to taking arsenic. Yay.

12. zagoshe

Well at least your admit you are one of the cupcakes in this country who is whining our way into a society where freedom is just a seven-letter word that used to mean something within the context of our way of life.....

Draft saved Draft deleted