1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SOUND THE ALARM!!!! BAN TANNING BEDS!!!! SAVE US FROM OURSELVES!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Jul 28, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh no, another pinhead from academia has declared something people do every day to be unsafe --- the hysterical "can't let us be free" crowd has something else to bitch and moan about and call for bans and call for punishments for people who don't conform to their risk-free world!!!!

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/news/20090728/who-tanning-beds-cause-cancer

So what will you whiners call for -- banning them or taxing their usage at such an absurdly high rate that nobody can afford to use them? ::)

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I'd probably put a big-ass sign on the side, reading "This shit seriously might cause cancer."

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

If some moron wants to lay in a tanning bed under ultraviolet light and burn themselves, it ain't my business.

If some moron is texting while drving 60 MPH and hits my car, it is my business.

And if some moron can't see the difference between these two things, he's even dumber than I thought.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Last time I was in a tanning bed, I ended up with stripes.

Tanning beds with old bulbs suck.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Zigzag has "discovered" something the rest of the world has known for many years now.

What do you plan to discover tomorrow? That clouds in the sky often lead to rain? Or perhaps that the sun rises in the west?

6. zagoshe

What if some moron wants to smoke in a room full of other morons who want to smoke in an establishment owned by someone who wants to smoke and with a sign on the front door stating clearly "we smoke here"

Is that your fucking business too?

How about if a moron wants to ride a motorcycle without a helmet?

How about if a moron wants to ride in a car with no seat belt?

How about if a moron wants to pay a woman for a blow job?

I know, I know THAT'S DIFFERENT!!!!

7. zagoshe

No, no, not me -- this is the WHO IARC (one of your liberal do-gooder organizations......) who came out with this brilliant discovery today........

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What did Carl Edwards think of your racing stripes? :) :D

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

He said, "oooo, baby, i wanna ride up on your high groove."

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Did he make the pass high or low?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This has to be the dumbest thread since one of our, "It's snowing! Global warming is a hoax!" threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted