1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry, your SB seat is not available...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Feb 6, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And no one thought to check these things, uh, before game day?

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

True dat. But I would also question the intelligence of any human being paying $1,000 or more for a ticket to a sporting event. JUST NOT WORTH IT!!! Period.

So, yeah, I'd take the $2,700 and smile. Should be more than enough to cover the airplane, hotel and food.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

ESPN reporting that the total number of displaced fans was 400, and the NFL just relocated them within the stadium. It didn't send them out into the cold.
    It's not working.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6096112

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If the NFL doesn't do better, Jerry had better. It's his house. He wanted the glory for setting a "record." When it goes wrong like this, take the heat, man up and make it right.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This.

6. Journalist21

Journalist21 Member

Jerry Jones later tonight: "See? I saved you from the Black Eyed Peas' halftime performance. If anything, you should pay me for revoking your tickets."

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Honestly, there is only one way the the NFL can fix this. You take all of those fans, every single last one of them, sit them into a room and get every bit of personal information you can on them. Then, you give them the $2,700 you promised them and you guarantee them free tickets to next year's game.

Granted, that won't solve the problem, especially if there are Steelers/Packers fans in that crowd and those teams don't make it to the game next year, but it will at least make for some decent PR instead of the shit show they're likely to experience with this game.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. That's going to happen.

9. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I honestly don't know why anybody attends NFL games.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

One or another of those guys did miss the game. He got put in the hospital and gave the tickets to his daughters.

Would it have been karmic if their tickets were two of those 400?

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Let's see . . . the league had six weeks to get this right and could not do so? Inex-freakin'-cusable. But there is no way I would lose money on this deal, especially if I had gone to the NFL's own website to buy tickets for twice face value.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they should have put all of them in Jerry's suite.

Draft saved Draft deleted