1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry in advance (another Reilly thread)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bullwinkle, Jun 23, 2009.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I have to disagree because I didn't find this column to be bad at all. In fact, it would have fit right in with the columns he was writing 10-12 years ago at SI, when most people thought he was fantastic. I think this is a case of a certain perception about a writer gaining such momentum that it doesn't change no matter what he does. Reilly's written so many clunkers lately that we're predisposed to thinking everything he writes is bad. It's a humor column and maybe his brand isn't everyone's cup of tea, but this is exactly the kind of column that made him a star.

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Reilly, not long before the move to ESPN: http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1106884/index.htm

Says Corey, who was taught how to shoot by his father, "I think we all believed he would try to kill us all one day. I'd kind of been preparing to shoot my father for a while."

One of the most chilling quotes I've ever read.
    Also, one of Reilly's best columns.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wow, Pope. Anger? Depression? Way too much idol worship.

Draft saved Draft deleted