1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sorry, haters: more derek jeter fodder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jul 14, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

many times on these pages, a legion of d.j. bashers surfaces, usually citing new-age defensive analysis to argue he's a liability in the field. i am certainly no fan of these stats; a geezer such as myself prefers to judge by what i see on a daily basis and in my eyes, anyway, his play has always been that of a winner.

but to appease d.j. bashers everywhere perhaps y'all should digest the revelations in this story -- chock full of statistcal arguments that jeter has somehow "turned back the clock."

fwiw: http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2009/07/ny_yankees_derek_jeter_defying.html

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other on Jeter, but you sound like a bad sports radio personality with your use of "haters" and telling people to "suck on the revelations."

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

perhaps you are unfamiliar with some of the silly things posted about jeter on these pages in the past. dunno if it's yankees hating or jealousy but much of it has been childish and absurd. so that's why i took the offensive in a "talk-radio" way.

wait a minute.... why so sensitive, dreunc?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's not "sensitive" to say a 60-year-old man sounds stupid saying things like "suck on the revelations."

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

What IJAG said. I'm not sensitive at all about a topic I don't care too much about. You are, however, apparently sensitive about anyone attacking Jeter.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Shockey is not close to 60 yet, IJAG.

And I still don't see how that puff piece is "chock full of stats" that prove anything bout Jeter's lack of range.

Derek Jeter is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. He is not the god Yankees fans make him out to be. And he is still the second-best shortstop on his own team.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, i'm 52! don't rush me, please....

sorry to sink to "suck on." point taken. i'll clean it up now.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

what, you still think a-rod would be a better shortstop? i'm not so sure he could go back to the future, if you will.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just wonder why you feel the need to start Jeter threads anytime anything is written about him. Can't we do a running "shockey + jeter = true love always" thread?

NOT PLAYING THREAD POLICE, just wondering...and thinking Jeter might need a TRO. :D

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well said.

11. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Agreed.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The only things creepier than shockey threads about Derek Jeter are... shockey threads about anything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted