1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry for the downtime this evening

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Xenforo released a small bugfix update this morning, which I started to do early this evening, then ran into some minor issues. I hadn't gotten very far in the upgrade, and when I checked the site still appeared to be up, so I stepped away from the computer to have dinner with the family.

Checked my email late this evening and discovered all my alerting systems going off saying that the site was down for a good bit of this evening. Apparently I got further in the upgrade process than I realized. Oops. o_O

Anyway, sorry for the downtime--total accident. The site is now updated, and everything appears to be running smoothly.

PS: I will be switching servers at some point in the next few weeks. I expect it be a very simple thing from a technical perspective, but it may take a few hours for your ISP to realize that sportsjournalists.com points to a new computer. I'll let you know when we're closer to that happening.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You da man, Jeff!

Draft saved Draft deleted