1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorority: No fat chicks, minorities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 25, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Like that's a bad thing? 8)

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Well, I can't seem to say anything nice, so I'd go sit by you. ;)

3. NO MORE GREEK CLUES!
    (O. Madison, New York Herald)

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'm a proud GDI from a small Catholic school in Philly. I have nothing against frats and sororities in general, just against particular chapters and people in those organizations. If one frat/sorority tends to attract a certain type of people across the country, then so be it. I don't give a flying fuck. I enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to answer to anyone, waste money by paying dues or expose myself to unnecessary attention from the university b/c of something one or two of my brothers did. I bonded pretty well with the guys on my baseball team (a few of them were in frats, too, but didn't make up a separate clique. They were part of the TEAM), and we did a lot of the things that Greek organizations tout, like community service and fellowship, only I feel we were a little more valued to the school b/c sports, in general, out-rank Greek organizations on the collegiate activities totem pole.

Like I said before, I've got nothing against the Greek organizations, but you shouldn't feel a need to have to pay monthly/yearly due and/or subject yourself to humiliation after humiliation to become part of a club. I never envied their lives one bit, I went to any party I felt like b/c a lot of the people at my school knew me and I did whatever I damn well pleased. To each his or her own and let's leave it at that.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I hear fellowship, and I picture five guys with glasses of milk, perfectly white teeth and monogrammed varsity sweaters. ;)

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Fixed!

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Cadet trots out a throwback tagline reference ...

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

HA! The classics never get old. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted