1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorority: No fat chicks, minorities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 25, 2007.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Greek life is just the same high school bullshit carried over to college campuses.

I'd wager that a vast majority of homecoming queens gravitated toward a sorority when they got to college. On the whole, Greek life is responsible for keeping t-shirt shops and the Keystone Brewery in business. Beyond that, anybody who's stupid enough to sign up with a frat/sorority shouldn't be surprised at stuff like this.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Neidermeyer: Hi there, fellows. Meet Ken and Lonny.
    Larry: Larry.
    Neidermeyer: Ken, Lonny, l'd like you to meet Mohammet Jugdish, Sidney and Clayton. Grab a seat and make yourselves at home. Don't be shy about helping yourselves to punch and cookies.

3. Interestingly enough at my school, that's why the frats invite them.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

On behalf of Fat Chicks everywhere, fuck you.

No offense intended.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That's pretty fucking shallow.
    Just because a woman weighs more than 110 pounds or is bigger than a size 4 doesn't mean she doesn't have anything to offer or isn't 10 times better and smarter than the hung-up anorexic bitches who are.
    Offense taken, dude.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's like Archie Bunker said, it's the way God intended it, the sames with the sames, the differents with the differents.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I went to a school that didn't have greek organizations, but several nearby schools had an active greek community. I discovered that some of the women who were drawn to sororities were the ones in high school who always seemed to be on the periphery - they weren't good athletes, they weren't in the band, they were somewhere in the middle or back row of the choir, they weren't in with the "cool" kids, etc, etc. It was more that in learning about sororities they had found a community/culture that instantly validated them and provided them with a social outlet.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm proud to say I was never the legacy pledge from Harrisburg, Pa. ;)

9. doubledown68

So they paid money to have a ready-made group of friends, drink Keystone and make t-shirts every time 10 or more of them gathered in one spot for more than 30 minutes. To think of all the fun I missed.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Missing out on what a GDI is?

For the record I never pledged. Didn't want to either.

11. doubledown68

Me neither. I haven't mastered the new sarcasm font, though I was trying to use it there.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

GDI - God-damned independent

Draft saved Draft deleted