1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soriano

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My boy deserves his own thread.

Nats just sent ROBERT FICK up to hit for Soriano in the fifth with none out and man on first.  They're down 11-1. So maybe that's it.

But.

I'm thinking this is not a good sign for someone who doesn't want to see his boy traded.  Did the trigger just get pulled and Frank get a call that said, "Get him out of there?"

Fick for Soriano ain't right under normal circumstances. He grounded into a double play, by the way.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to wake up and Soriano is going to be gone.

2. Nah. It's 11-1, and they probably took him out as a precaution that he doesn't get hurt in a meaningless situation, thus jeopardizing his trade value.

3. Moderator1

I hope some of that haul can fucking pitch. Now.

Roy Corcoran feeding gas to the Dodgers' fire makes me miss Stanton already.

4. Moderator1

Well, maybe I got "heart sink" too soon. Frankie also pulled Johnson, Zimmerman and Kearns.

Now THAT would be a hell of a trade.

They trade Zimmerman and I'm going out the window.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Stanton was more of a slow burn, eh?

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That was my first thought when I read the post, too. Red Sox emptied their bench down a measly 8-2 against the Angels tonight.

7. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Moddy: how ya likin' kearnsy?
    guy will drive you crazy -- great for a few days and then o-fer for the next four.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I would love to see him in the Mets' Orange and Blue. David Wright needs a solid backup.  :D ;D 8) :p

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Sorry Moddy, the Expos' curse couldn't be neutered merely by moving 500 miles to the south.

No matter how well they were going, all it took was a trip to the West Coast to mess it all up. ;D

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hell, if you do that, might as well get B.J. and Justin Upton and Justin Verlander and move the Mets to Norfolk. Y'all can have the Tides.

Draft saved Draft deleted