1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soriano to Cubs: espn report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Nov 19, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2007 World Series: Red Sox v. Cubs

2008: Baseball cancelled. Why the fuck should it go on?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Game 1: Cubs 3, Red Sox 2
    Game 2: Red Sox 5, Cubs 3 (10)
    Game 3: Red Sox 8, Cubs 2
    Game 4: Cubs 6, Red Sox 0
    Game 5: Red Sox 10, Cubs 1
    Game 6: Cubs 1, Red Sox 0
    Game 7: Cancelled due to nuclear holocaust

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Cubs lineup:
    Soriano
    Lee
    Ramirez
    Jones

Cubs rotation:
    Zambrano
    Wood
    Prior
    Miller.

Lots of 12-10 losses in the Cubs' future...

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wrong.

Wood is going to the bullpen. They're not expecting much out of Prior or Miller and Zambrano has been one of the three best starters in the NL the last two years. Watch out for lefty Rich Hill (he was lights-out in the second half) and after that, who knows?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

They're not done spending, and surely to God they'll go get some pitchers now.

And if the Cubs get to the World Series soon, I don't give a shit what they're paying Soriano when he's nearly 40.

And as a fanboy, I didn't care how much it would cost to get Soriano. Just outbid everyone else and get him. And they did.

8. Hammer Pants

And, like Doc said, fuck you all.

Sorry, Doc. I would have backed you up earlier, but I haven't had as much time the past few weeks.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Eh, better late than never.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Too bad there are no good pitchers to get.

Fortunately, they have plenty of money to overspend.

11. Hammer Pants

So they've got that going for them, which is nice. Overpaying to win is better than underpaying and losing. But nothing is worse than overpaying and losing, so .......... fingers crossed.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As much as I want to believe this will work out for the best I can't help but remember what happened the last time they did this in 1991 when they went out and signed George, Bell, Danny Jackson and Dave Smith. Major. Fucking. Disaster.

This would also be a good time to point out that if they had pulled their heads out of their asses and done this two years ago Carlos Beltran would be their center fielder and Miguel Tejada would be their shortstop.

And I can't believe somebody hasn't called the Trib on their "we want to win now" spiel. Bullshit. They don't give a flying fuck about winning. They're just trying to make the team look more valuable so they can sell it.

Draft saved Draft deleted