1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soriano - first 50-50 season?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MankyJimy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, it's been a long while since I thought of Eric Davis. So I took a moment to do the research.

He hit 37 in '87 but only stole 50 that year. In '86, he hit only 27 but stole 80. Perhaps most impressive is that his '86 numbers were for 415 ABs. He only had 115 hits and 68 walks. With a little more playing time and a bit more patience, he may have hit the century mark. He only had 474 ABs in '87. So a full 600 might have put him in 50-50 territory.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Except I'd still be stunned if he were to play in Washington next season, so unless they turn one of the two compensatory draft picks into Lou Brock, I think the comparison falls short.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bite your tongue, bitch! Such evil thoughts are not allowed here.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Moddy, do you have an alert when the words "Washington" or "Nationals" are typed in a post? Anytime I see your team mentioned, you're all over it and it's normally the next post.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Radar, my friend, radar.

Do we have such an alert system here? If so, sign me up. Maybe I can come up with an auto-post that says "Watch it, motherfucker!" because just about every post about the Nats except mine and fanboys is a rip job.

Not saying it ain't deserved but we fanboy loosers are blinded by our love.

Draft saved Draft deleted