1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soriano Back In The Bronx

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 26, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The only way you could argue against a player like Arod, and it is not the case here because money was no object and there is no cap, is the percentage of the team salary he takes away. Could all that salary money go towards an all star and a solid position player rather than one superstar? That can be debated forever, but if my team was going to spend 100 mil on salaries, I don't know how many players are worth 25% of that number.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Yankees won 5 WS in 6 years without Aroid. They just did not need him.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is just so ridiculous when you look at his actual production. Spare me the good guy Yankee bullshit. Teams win all the time with primadonna assholes, especially in baseball. How is that true Yankee Roger Clemens doing?

You're right Aroid was the only Yankee using PED's, the Yanks are above everyone else and only employ model, honest citizens.

4. Boom_70

Clemens was not a great fit either. Would have much preferred that The Yankees had kept Wells.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You have to be trolling now. Maybe A Rod should have pitched since he was the sole cause of those teams not winning World Series.

6. Boom_70

How is it trolling to have a discussion?

I started this thread and rendered a personal opinion that The Yankees would have been better off in past 10 years with
    Soriano. Certainly up to debate but no reason for hostility and name calling.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ok, you can bring nothing tangible that backs up that claim. Everything you talk about is some mythical Yankee good guy way. Simple production states you are wrong.

8. Boom_70

Not really. 5 WS in 6 years without A Rod and 1 in 10 years with him might make a case that I am right.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sure if A rod pitched and made front office decisions. A true Yankee like Jim Leyritz is what those teams were missing.

10. Boom_70

Today is Matsui bobble head day

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman
    Girardi used word 'beloved" to describe Matsui in #Yankees clubhouse, and that was perfect.

doubt you will ever hear him say that about A rod

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Or Reggie Jackson

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is no hostility, but you earned the attitude. I'm sorry, but I've heard from way too many Yankee fans like you and the delusions get old. Saying that your opinion is ridiculous is not name-calling.

What Yankee fans saw with Rodriguez was one of the top two or three players in the game, a guy who was on his way to being one of the best ever before his body broke down. And they didn't know it was fueled by steroids when they turned on him.

The bit about a "me" player is the really funny part. The first thing Rodriguez did was make it clear he was moving to third base so Jeter could stay at shortstop even though Rodriguez was the far superior defensive player at short. And Captain Intangibles? Regarding Rodriguez, he has been nothing but selfish since day one.

Draft saved Draft deleted